Adoption in Turkey
Under Turkish law, the mother is the person who gives birth to the child. Some necessary conditions must apply in case of adoption in Turkey. Surrogacy agreements are against Turkish legal rules and personal rights and are considered as a violation in Turkey, and cannot be executed.
The following conditions must apply in case of Adoption:
- The person wanting to adopt must have looked after the child for at least one year.
- A couple with other children must not let the adoption of a child negatively affect any other children they have.
- A couple wanting to adopt must have been married for at least five years and both must be at least 30 years of age.
- An unmarried person wanting to adopt must be at least 30 years of age.
- Unmarried and same-sex couples cannot adopt.
- There must be at least 18 years of age difference between the adopting person and the adopted child.